Original School Board Offices built in 1875 and extended in 1900 and 1920.
These offices have
been used continuously as Administration to the present day. PHOTOGRAPH
Former Firth College and Later the Central Technical School. Built in 1875
and operated as Firth
College until 1906. 1906 - 1933 operated as the Central Higher Grades Schools. 1933 - 1964
operated as the Central Technical School. 1964 - 1969 College of Further Education. 1969 to
date used as office accommodation.
III - Original
Central Board School and later the City Grammar School. Built in 1875 and
the Central Secondary School until 1933. 1933 - 1964 City Grammar School. 1964 to date is
used by Colleges of Further Education and for office accommodation. PHOTOGRAPH
IIII - Extensions
to the Central Board School built in 1894 -1895. Operated as the Central
1985 - 1933. 1933 - 1964 was part of the City Grammar School. From 1964 to date has been used
by the Colleges of Further Education and as office accommodation. PHOTOGRAPH (1)
PHOTOGRAPH (2) PHOTOGRAPH (3)
V - Holly
Building built in 1897. 1897 - 1933 operated as the Pupil Teacher Centre.
1933 - 1964 was
part of the Central Technical School. 1964 - 1971 Vacant. 1971 to date used as offices.
PHOTOGRAPH (1) PHOTOGRAPH (2)
VI - Bow Building
was built in 1894 - 1895. Operated as the Elementary School 1895 - 1942.
1942 - 1964 was part of the Central Technical School. 1964 - 1969 used by the Colleges of
Further Education. 1969 to date vacant.
VII - Former School Attendance
offices built in 1933 and used since for office accommodation.
Street Plan of Education
Buildings Area in 1855
If anyone can add more information please advise - Click on the E-Mail link below.